Good day

Not lovin this template. Work in Progress as is my life!

Monday, October 19, 2009

5 day weekend

Normally I plan a big project for this weekend. Things like painting the inside, yard work etc. With a 5 days off of work a girl can get into a lot of trouble.This year I originally planned to draw up a plan for the closets down stairs and get some kind of closet organizer down there. Then move the kids down. Well as I was looking around I realized the trim and the pillar things outside were in desperate need of paint before winter. So my plans changed I quickly added the deck to my to do list and a multitude of small other projects.

Thurs. morning I was not feeling prepared but persevered anyway as I knew that someone had to do it so I was the only one who would do the painting and off I went. I scraped and sanded in the warm fall sun for hours. I soon began to feel sorry for myself wishing I wouldn't put these tasks on me.I mean really do other wives do what I do? After much anguish I finished up all that I could. Friday I worked hard to get craft things made for the Fillmore craft show .I had to buy a printer on Thurs. and set it up. So I could make tags for all my wares. By Friday evening my back started to seize up. I needed out and went to ST. Geo. to stay at my moms. Sunday I needed a day of rest. I didn't have to teach a lesson Yay!! But got put in another class so now I won't have a partner:(

Today is Mon. All of my projects were supposed to be done... NOT I finished the trim quickly and thought there might be hope to salvage my frazzled nerves and do something just for the heck of it. No I began to sand the deck only to find out it might rain. What was I to do I couldn't finish on my own and I couldn't leave bare wood to gat rained on so close to being finished. I couldn't sand any more my wrist could barely hold myself up. So in haste I finished all the sanding I could do . Knowing Klint wouldn't be home to help I got out my paint brush and painted the stain on. I hoped Klint would come home early and finish his part. It didn't happen. After the first coat I hated the new stain and had to get away from it all. so I took Kyra and a friend to Starbucks for a vanilla drink and came home. A second coat seemed in order so more staining. By 6:30 I was done and even cooked chicken alfredo for dinner with zuchinni.

I can honestly say I am exhausted. I heard on Oprah today she said " Mom's need an assistant" (I use DVR to watch TVwhen I want )I thought that's what husbands were for. Now I am beginning to wonder. Some people have kids to do the work. Maybe just maybe there is just too much for one person to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment