Good day

Not lovin this template. Work in Progress as is my life!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

summer project!

So this summer we decided to add to the back yard a bit. We want a little water feature and a fire pit wood burning of course. This is the spot. I figured I would do most of the work on my own. You can kinda tell that I have started to level a spot for a fire pit and made some marks. I tried to get to a comfortable spot to leave it for 6 weeks as thats how long I will be recovering from my surgery. I of course hit a major large rock. Halting any and all plans till further notice.

Then came the last possible weekend for me to work on the yard and i was headed to state tracck to watch Kaden run. Klint said he had to work some thing at costco. I left with no thought of the back yard. This is what I came home to a trench dug for the water feature a flattened area for the firepit the drive way dug down a little bit more and flattened a bit. Klint really didn't go to the costco thing. The big rock in front of the now enormous pile is the one I hit. No chance I coulda done it all on my own. Hopefully by the end of my summer break I will be roasting marshmallows and listening to the trickle of water.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes these men in our life are able to give the best surprises! That was alot of work! You didn't mention AJ in all of this... LOL he was so excited to get to help! I can't wait for the campfire/water invite!

    ReplyDelete