Good day

Not lovin this template. Work in Progress as is my life!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

sunday yumm!

It seems like a weekend doesn't go by without a little baking around here. It warms our home and soothes my soul. Today I found a recipe at kingarthurflour.com for english muffins. I saw them on a blog made with wheat flour and decided it was worth a try.

Homemade Wheat English muffins

The once little now large gremlins that live here love to eat english muffins. So the task began quite easily I must say. I didn't read their whole recipe I was looking at the blog recipe and not the king arthur one. It wasn't until I was done mixing the batter I realized I could have used the bread machine. While the dough raised I started to feel pretty darn brave and decided to try a sourdough starter. Can't say I am having good luck with that one, it is currently taking over. Maybe I should cover the starter before it takes over the counter?

Mad sourdough starter.
I also made my favorite thing to make over the weekend Granola. Klint and I eat enough granola that I make it once a week. The kids think its gross. I remember those days I thought granola was for "old" people. I am proud to say I am one of those "old" people now. Today I tried making granola with applesauce instead of oil. I think it was lacking a special sweetness.
                                 How do you eat your granola? I like greek yogurt and blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment